How To Order Compressors
NECC offers you this simple to follow guideline to use when ordering a new or replacement compressor. Call us at 800-227-9800 and we'll walk you through the process.
A. Compressor Sizing Formula For New Installations or Replacement:
- Count the devices connected to the control system that use air.
- List the model and function of each device.
- Look up the air use (in scim) in the factory manuals.
- Total the air consumption of your control system (in scims).
- Divide the scims (Standard Cubic Inches/Minute) by 1728 to determine CFM.
- Multiply the CFM by 3 (this will give you the recommended 1/3 run time needed to assure maximum life and drier supply air).
B. For EXACT Compressor Replacement:
- Try to find the exact model#, serial # and the manufacturer's name of the compressor you are replacing.
- Determine anything special about the existing installation (voltage, accessories, special size tank piping, air station components, etc.)
C. MINIMUM Ordering Specifications:
- Capacity (delivered CFM output desired.)
- Size (hp. of the compressor.)
- Tank Size (in gallons.)
- Voltage and Phase (of the compressor motor.)
- Simplex or Duplex (one pump or two mounted on the tank. Duplex gives you longer life and standby capacity in the event of a pump failure.)
- Type of Compressor (lubricated or oil-less.)
- Pre-Mounted, Pre-Piped Drier Option (saves installation time.)
- Any Air Station Accessories Needed (regulators, condensate drains, relief valves, oil and air filters, pressure gauges, etc.)
- Installation Accessories (tank vibration pads, fittings, tubing, Teflon tape, restrictors, in line check valves, tubing tools, mounting clips, ty-wraps, spring clips, etc.)