- Economizers reduce air conditioning costs by using outside air (OA) for free cooling causing the compressor to run less.
- OA dampers switch over to minimum OA when free cooling is not available
- Economizer dampers switch to minimum ventilation position when OA conditions are not favorable for cooling.
- Economizers may employ Demand Control Ventilation (DCV) strategies, helping to manage ventilation requirements based upon space occupancy.
JADE™ Economizer Module
Easy‐to‐install Honeywell Economizer Controls save energy and help ensure that the latest ventilation codes are met. There are models for both standard rooftop units as well as heat pump applications. Honeywell Logic modules are used to proportion outdoor and return air dampers for control of free cooling and Demand Control Ventilation in commercial buildings. The JADE™ Economizer System includes an economizer module, 20k mixed air sensor, damper actuator, an optional CO₂ sensor and either a 20k outdoor air temperature sensor or Sylk Bus sensors for measuring outdoor air and return air enthalpy,temperature and humidity.
- Meets latest ventilation codes
- Enables free cooling
- Use for Demand Control Ventilation
Economizer System includes:
- Economizer module
- 20k mixed air sensor
- Damper actuator
- Optional CO₂ sensor
- Either a 20k outdoor air temperature sensor or Sylk Bus sensors for measuring outdoor air and return air enthalpy, temperature and humidity.
Belimo Zip Economizer
Designed to provide a fast route to reliable energy savings
- Display delivers clear live status information, easy setup, changes and operating history.
- Integrated on-board help for fast setup or troubleshooting.
- Compliant with the most recent energy codes and standards (ASHRAE 90.1-2016, IECC-2015, California Title 24-2016.
- Kits available for Single or Differential,Dry Bulb and Enthalpy Applications.
Siemens Economizer Controller
Siemens' Economizer Controller allows the use of unconditioned outside air to cool a building. The Free Cooling air
determination is based on customer temperature and humidity selections, as well as optional Demand Control Ventilation (DCV) strategies with CO2 level selection.
• Economizer control provides “free cooling” based on single or dual dry bulb temperature, or combination temperature + humidity sensors.
• Wide temperature shut-off setpoint range selection and Btu/lb selection range selectable by DIP switches.
• Potentiometers allow accurate adjustment of DCV, exhaust fan levels, and minimum damper position.
• Versions with remote minimum position damper adjustments accept either 0 to 10 Vdc or 135 Ohm potentiometer signals.
• Used with Siemens OpenAir® damper actuators.
• Flexible sensor inputs accept 10K or 3K standard NTC sensors, or Siemens QFM2160U combination temperature/humidity 0 to 10V sensor for enthalpy control.
• LED Indication when in Free Cooling operation, DCV operation and exhaust fan operation as well as during sensor failure.
• Quick installation and easy commissioning.
• Two-stage cooling control. • Occupancy input with default capability.
• Quick connect I/O with 1/4” spade connections.
• Anti-freeze protection.
• Brownout protection.